Friday, October 31, 2008

雅品閣古早海南菜

雅品閣 Colonial Restoran (35, Armenian Street, 10200 Penang) 04-2614489

"Hey, here's another one that you must try out k!" Nigel (http://www.tripadvisor.com/) pointed this restaurant to me when we walked out from Edelweiss during the 2nd flogger gathering. I waved back at him,"Definitely! I will!"

That's how my 3rd day of Deepavali holiday ended up here.













Hainan Kopi (海南咖啡)

Jiu Hu Bang Kuang Char - very RICH aroma of jiu hu loh, I find it a bit beh tahan. :)


海南鴨芋 - Can you see how thick the gravy is?! :) Serving with rice is of coz VERY good lah!


Rice served in coconut shells (but no coconut smell :))


海南海鮮春卷 - hmm..... strong taste too.
海南 curry fish -this curry is richer compared to Shing Kheang Aun Restaurant one.


Nah....see how rich this curry is? This is definitely a lot better than that The Hainan Town (which we had during our 1st flogger gathering) loh! *this is my personal liking, no offense k*

I find that the food here is more towards 重口味 (strong taste).

The two bowls of dessert 黑糯米 (Or Zhu Bi) with yam flavoured ice cream were given to us free of charge. Perhaps HE wanted me to have a complete set of lunch meal since he kept on seeing me shooting photos on its dishes. :)

I believe the bill should be not less than RM60. People belanja mah, don't get jealous har. :)

Operating Hours : 11.30 am - 3.00 pm, 6.00pm - 10.00pm (Close on Thursday)